Tuesday, February 18, 2020

{Simple Daybook} 18 Feb 2020

For Today
https://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-simple-womans-daybook.html

I am thinking . . . of all the pins I've pinned and ideas I have for reclaiming my home.  Glass shelves in my large kitchen window - painting kitchen and laundry room, cute pink accents, rearranging furniture, the new chair that arrives tomorrow with decor pieces to follow.  Excitement!

One of my favorite things . . . doing genealogy.  This past week has been full of new discoveries filling out ancillary branches on Ancestry and linking family members together on FindAGrave. 

I am watching . . . Lie To Me with daughter after we recently discovered it on Prime.    I'm waiting for Only The River Runs Free to arrive at the library.

I am hoping . . . to keep active this week with more cleaning, organizing, and walking.  I need it physically and mentally.  For too long I told myself that I don't have to do it (move) because it's too hard and it hurts.  That time is over now and I want to be Doing!

I am learning . . . that I can do much more than I think. (see above)

In my kitchen . . . I've been keeping up with cleaning off counters, dishwasher loaded, everything in it's place, and floor swept and mopped.  Amazing. Really.  I live with my youngest children - adults - and sometimes I just want to give up.  A Curry Quinoa recipe is floating in my head that may soon be made.


In my garden . . . an iris rhizome I planted last winter has finally bloomed - a gorgeous deep purple.  A beautiful surprise for mid-February.  Some bare root roses will soon be making their home in my backyard, along with at least a Gincko Biloba tree.  Their lovely, delicate leaves won me over the very first time I saw one.


Board room . . . I haven't pinned for several years (severe health issues) but now that I am reclaiming my home, the inspiration keeps me going with the deep cleaning and de-cluttering that is needed.  My top Boards the past few days are Kitchen Inspirations, Naturally Pest-Free,Eating To Heal

A Photo from my day 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Drive-n-Stitch Day

Today I travelled north for an appointment, which thankfully, was earlier in the morning than usual.  Since at that point I was only 30 minu...