Thursday, February 20, 2020

Seedling Crochet


Yesterday ended with me falling swollen and exhausted into bed with the determination to stay put tomorrow, rest and recoup some much needed energy.

This morning started perfectly with a hot cup of lemon water with echinacea tea, relaxing in bed and catching up on YouTube.  But I can't sit and do nothing so I grabbed the Adore-A-Ball yarn I've so been wanting to find the right project for, my crochet hook case, and scrolled through my pins.   I found this yarn at Hobby Lobby, so soft and plush, intending to make an intricate Irish chain pattern baby blanket.  Three rows in, I figured that it was not the right yarn for that pattern.  Too bulky with all of the chains crossing to go over a tiny little newborn.  That was quickly frogged.  Next I tried Hygge Chic Throw, which is a simple but lovely textured pattern, but again, three rows in I knew it wasn't the best fit for the Adore-A-Ball that I have.  That was even more quickly frogged.

Finally (!!) I pulled up Seedling Crochet which is perfect! 






This has worked up really quickly.  Just this morning I've completed eight rows, about 6 inches, and am on my third ball.  I'm really happy with the feel, texture, and drape of this.  One of the bonus things about this pattern, besides it's absolute simplicity, is that she gives you the foundation chains and number of rows to make 12 different sizes.  I chose the Swaddle size which is 47" square.

Other than a baby blanket that I started last October just because I fell in love with the colorful mandala yarn, I haven't really sat down and crocheted for a long time.  I'm looking forward to seeing this finished and being able to gift it to a cousin with a new son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Drive-n-Stitch Day

Today I travelled north for an appointment, which thankfully, was earlier in the morning than usual.  Since at that point I was only 30 minu...