Monday, February 24, 2020

{Simple Daybook} 24 February 2020

For Today ~

Looking out my window ~ beautiful sunny day.  The roses in front are growing new shoots but I had meant to cut them back this year.  I think I will anyway, and hope in the additional sunlight and fertilizer to get them growing again soon . . . better and fuller and more beautiful than before.


I am thankful ~ for my home.  Always.  Every Moment.


One of my favorite things  ~ is sitting with my daughter in companionable silence with a movie on, we each working on our own project, or working on bullet journals together.  I love her creativity.  She inspires me.

I am creating ~
 

 This is a small Biscournu cross stitch.  I started it at the beginning of the month while I was in hospital.  This past weekend I started using it as a daily Stitch 30 project, which simply means that I'm committing to stitch on it for 30 minutes every day.  I'm pleased with even the little bit of progress that has been made so far.  

 
I am reading ~ Only the River Runs Free.  Four chapters in and the story is developing really well.  It is the first book of a trilogy.  Looking forward to seeing where it goes.


I am hoping ~ to get the pantry rack placed in the kitchen where it belongs, once daughter and I move the existing cabinet out to the garage.


In my kitchen ~ the dishes get loaded and counters wiped every night {happy noises} Yesterday I made the Curried Quinoa which was delicious.  I added an extra lemon (juice) and a little pepper.  The recipe will be going into my folder as a regular.  I also made a pan of our favorite Amish Baked Oatmeal (per Sue Gregg I use 2 cups of buttermilk instead of regular milk) and tonight daughter is making homemade tortillas for some green chili chicken enchiladas she has planned.  Lots of yummy things happening here.


In the school room ~ a nearly complete high school curriculum is sitting in my hall closet.  I really need to pull them out and list them of find someone to give them to.  That's a goal.


Shared Quote ~ 
Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.  Its called a trash CAN , not a trash Can NOT.  
(a quote daughter found on Pinterest and wrote on our chalkboard as inspiration for the week)
Truth from Scripture ~  
 
He who troubles his own house will inherit the wind.  Proverbs 11:29

(the reality of this truth is evident in our lives today.  all traces of what was are slowly being wiped away and replaced with beauty, peace, and happiness)
 
 
 
 
https://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-simple-womans-daybook.html
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Drive-n-Stitch Day

Today I travelled north for an appointment, which thankfully, was earlier in the morning than usual.  Since at that point I was only 30 minu...