Friday, February 28, 2020

A Drive-n-Stitch Day

Today I travelled north for an appointment, which thankfully, was earlier in the morning than usual.  Since at that point I was only 30 minutes away from where my paternal grandparents are buried, I planned for a visit to the cemetery and brought my cross-stitching along with me.

This little project was started at the beginning of the month and has become a tribute to all of my grandmothers.  First I stopped and stitched for a bit with my GGGrandma Frances, grandmother of my maternal Grandmother.  Then, on the same trip home, I stopped at the cemetery where most of my mother's family are buried and stitched with my maternal Grandma Bessie and her mother, my GGrandma Sinthe.

My starting point today.


Today's stitching was with two of my paternal grandmas.  I sat with my Grandpa & Grandma for over half an hour and worked on my biscournu, adding Grandma Mary's initials when I was finished. 

MBS

Got back on the highway and drove many more miles toward home before I stopped again.  This time I sat and stitched with my Grandma Mary's parents.   I worked well over 30 minutes because I just really wanted to finish up these particular colors on the flowers.  When I was done I added GGrandma Helena's initials.

HWB


Five down and six more to go!  Three are reachable, and the others I will stitch with them in my heart ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Drive-n-Stitch Day

Today I travelled north for an appointment, which thankfully, was earlier in the morning than usual.  Since at that point I was only 30 minu...