Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Daybook 12 December

For Today ~

Looking out my window ~ Darkness.  It's been a good, full day

I am thinking ~ Of all the things there are to tell

I am thankful ~ For the Internet, and FB Memories which helped me find my blogs from long ago

One of my favorite things ~ Snuggly sweaters that keep me warm during these cold days

I am creating ~ So many things.  Primarily crocheting a scarf and working on two cross-stitch pieces; one VERY detailed and one full of large blocks of a single color


I am wearing ~ Gray yoga pants, though I've never done yoga in my life (!!), long sleeved white t-shirt, and an aforementioned snuggly sweater, this one is an antique rose chenille cardigan

I am watching ~ The last episode of The Crown, Season 2

I am hoping ~ To get my life together and be a productive member of Society again, And get my Christmas cards finished and in the mail before the end of the week!

I am learning ~ To literally take everything One Day At A Time

In my kitchen ~ A counter full of clean dishes, hand washed by me, since beloved dishwasher is currently out of commission

In the school room ~ Alas!  My students are all gone (grown) and I find myself looking very fondly on all the books that caused so much frustration in the thick of the moment

In my garden ~ Nothing.  Truly the bleak of winter.  Simply waiting for the persimmons on my tree to ripen.

Shared Quote ~  O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker.  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand 



A moment from my day



I stopped by the cemetery where my grandparents and great-grandparents are buried for some much needed quiet and reflection.

Closing Notes ~ I've gone through a tremendous trial for the past two years.  It seems to be coming to an end, but now is the time to process it and move on with life.  I used to participate in Simple Woman's Daybook many years ago, and it is one of the simple, normal things that I am looking forward to doing again as I figure out how to do this life thing alone.

https://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Denise,
    I'm praying that God guides you to what He needs you to do with you life. I'm sorry you've had a difficult 2 years. When I look back on all the difficult times in my life, I see that those years were full of growth spiritually and emotionally. God bless you as you journey through each day. You are loved by God, you are His child and you came to be to fulfill a purpose. I'm praying that you will see how much you are needed and how many people are waiting for you to enter their life. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bensarmon - through many deep trials I have learned new depths of God's love, sovereignty, provision, and endless grace.
    In reading your profile, I see we have some things in common. My oldest son is disabled, he has Angelman Syndrome. I, too, enjoy Stampin Up products and use my closet of supplies to make cards regularly for family and friends.
    Best to you - and thank you for visiting and for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually spread out doing my Christmas cards over a few weeks but this year I was so behind I just had to sit down this week & get them done. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine finally went out in today's mail. Yay!! I always plan to plan ahead but . . .
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

A Drive-n-Stitch Day

Today I travelled north for an appointment, which thankfully, was earlier in the morning than usual.  Since at that point I was only 30 minu...