Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Daybook 27 December 2017

For Today ~

Looking out my window ~ a sunny but cold morning, cars were frosted this morning, and my bird feeders are empty

I am thinking ~ about how fortunate I am - - but fortune means arbitrary luck so that is not the word I want.  How about how grace-full I am.   Because my present state has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the goodness, steadfastness, and mercy of the LORD

I am thankful ~ for my family, ALL of them, and especially my four beautiful, funny, quirky, nerdy, intelligent, and totally unique children.  They absolutely make life worth living and I (usually) can't wait to see what they will say or do next

One of my favorite things ~ DS #2  gifted me with a Chromecast for Christmas and it has been delightful! 

I am creating ~ a set of stamped cards today as a gift for a dear friend

I am wearing ~ warm socks, jeans, white t-shirt, purple fleece jacket, and a handmade pastel rainbow knit wrap/scarf with a turquoise knit beanie



I am listening to ~ Spotify, casting from my phone, my Jane Austen Companion library which plays a beautiful mixture of Haydn, Schubert, Bach, Boyce, and more.  Currently playing is Cello Concerto in C Major: Adagio by Franz Joseph Haydn

I am hoping ~ to get New Years cards and gifts for DS #2 and dear daughter-in-love in the mail today



In my kitchen ~ are leftover mashed potatoes from Christmas dinner with the family.  I used my friend Ginny's recipe ( Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes ) and they turned out perfectly perfect!  This morning I heated up a small bowl for my breakfast and added a few spoons of some fresh corn salsa we have in the fridge.  Oh. My. Word.  It was so delicious!

Board Room ~  Daughter and I are both wanting to get more creative this year, and will be experimenting with Bullet Journaling as a vehicle for that.  I found this series and thought it would be a fun way to get started and practice our mad doodle skills ;-) 


I'm Felicity Farm on Pinterest

https://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Drive-n-Stitch Day

Today I travelled north for an appointment, which thankfully, was earlier in the morning than usual.  Since at that point I was only 30 minu...